I spoke with Nipun Agarwal, SVP of Research & Advanced Development at Oracle, about the advances in MySQL HeatWave, and his forecasts the future of the database sector.
Among the topics we covered:
- I know that Oracle is working to make it easier and cheaper to use multiple cloud providers. In a larger sense, what trends do you see driving the relationship between the database and multi-cloud computing this year?
- Let’s talk about the news. Oracle will announce that AWS developers will have a choice to run transaction processing, analytics, and machine learning within a single database. What is the larger significance of this?
- What about MySQL Heatwave, including the evolution of the solution?
- What about the benchmarks – how does Oracle compare with other cloud database vendors?
- The future of the database? There’s a lot happening in the database market these days. What are some key trends that are moving the sector forward?
Listen to the podcast:
Also available for Apple Podcasts
Watch the video: