I spoke with David Linthicum, Chief Cloud Strategy Officer at Deloitte Consulting, about supercloud technology, and how companies can navigate the cloud skills gap.
Among the topics we covered:
- Let’ talk about the cloud skills gap and how that’s impacting digital transformation – how big of a problem is it?
- How can companies hire and train professionals to keep pace with cloud’s rapid growth?
- What is the supercloud? And why can’t we just call it a “multi-cloud management system”?
- In terms of market competition, the emergence of a supercloud seems to de-emphasize the leading hyperscalers, true? They would be merely building blocks of the supercloud.
- Who are the winners and losers as the supercloud emerges?
- The future of the supercloud? Despite a name focused on cloud, could it grow to consume all IT deployments – the edge, in-house data centers, etc?
Listen to the podcast:
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Watch the video: