On Tuesday, February 14, at 11 AM PT, @eWEEKNews will host its monthly #eWEEKChat. The topic will be Why is Multicloud So Difficult?, and it will be moderated by James Maguire, eWEEK’s Editor-in-Chief.
We’ll discuss – using Twitter – the many challenges in building and managing a multicloud deployment. Our ultimate goal: to offer guidance to enterprises about how to get the most from their cloud platforms.
How to Participate: On Twitter, use the hashtag #eWEEKChat to follow/participate in the discussion. But it’s easier and more efficient to use the real-time chat room link at CrowdChat.
Instructions are on the Why is Multicloud So Difficult? Log in at the top right, use your Twitter handle to register. The chat begins promptly at 11 AM PT. The page will come alive at that time with the real-time discussion. You can join in or simply watch the discussion as it flows.
Special Guests: Why is Multicloud So Difficult?
The list of experts for this month’s Tweetchat currently includes the following – please check back for additional expert guests:
- Bernard Golden, Executive Technical Advisor, VMware
- Joseph George, Vice President, Product Management, BMC
- Lakshmi Sharma, Chief Product and Chief Strategy Officer, Fastly
- Cody Hosterman, Director of Product Management, Cloud, Pure Storage
- Ganesh Janakiraman, Head of Platform Engineering, Broadcom
- Jeff Wittich, Chief Product Officer, Ampere
- Lahav Savir, Co-Founder and CTO, AllCloud
- Russell Cozart, SVP, Marketing and Product Strategy, Cyxtera
- Anthony Loss, Sr. Solutions Architect, ClearScale
- Evan Kirstel, Enterprise Social Media Consultant, eViRa Health
- Arnie Lopez, Vice President of Worldwide Systems Engineering, Skyhigh Security
- Thomas Graf, Co-Founder and CTO, Isovalent
- Ramesh Prabagaran, CEO, Prosimo
- Zeus Kerravala, Founder and Principal Analyst, ZK Research
- James Maguire, Editor-in-Chief, eWeek [moderator]
Chat room real-time link: Go to the Crowdchat page. Sign in with your Twitter handle and use #eweekchat for the identifier.
Tweetchat Questions: Why is Multicloud So Difficult?
The questions we’ll tweet about will include – check back for more/revised questions:
- How would you describe the current state of the multicloud market? Are companies generally pleased?
- What key trends are driving the multicloud sector here in early 2023?
- What are the most vexing multicloud challenges today? Is cost the biggest problem?
- How do you recommend addressing these challenges?
- What Best Practices advice would you give to companies to optimize a multicloud deployment?
- What’s about multicloud and a related technology? Like Edge or AI? How is multicloud interacting/driving that related technology?
- Will multicloud ever kill the data center? Wasn’t cloud supposed to have made the data center obsolete by now?
The future of multicloud? What will it look like 5 years from now?
A last Big Thought about multicloud – what else should managers/buyers/providers know about cloud?
#eWEEKchat Tentative Schedule for 2023*
Jan. 17: Challenges in Data Analytics
Feb. 14: Why is Multicloud So Difficult?
March 14: AI in the Enterprise
April 18: Future of Edge Computing
May 16: Best Practices in Data Analytics
June 13: Pros and Cons of Low Code / No Code
*all topics subjects to change