Microsoft Active Directory users--and there are literally millions of them around the globe, whether they know it or not--now have a new backstop in the event of a catastrophic event in which valuable data is lost or destroyed.
Data management and protection provider Quest Software on March 20 released a new data recovery manager for Active Directory that provides enterprises the power to view, backup and restore changes in AD environments all the way to the operating system and bare-metal level.
This release from the Quest Microsoft Platform Management business adds another layer of protection to its Recovery Manager solutions set that already includes AD backup and recovery at the object and directory level across systems, the company said. With RMAD Disaster Recovery Edition, organizations can implement an AD disaster recovery plan and quickly recovery from any disaster caused by mistakes, corruption or full on disasters like ransomware and cyberattacks, with minimal impact on the business.
While other organizations take a hybrid approach to AD management, Quest continues to develop a complete set of AD management and security solutions for both on-premises and Azure deployments.
Quest’s flagship Recovery Manager for Active Directory automates an AD recovery at the object and attribute level. With RMAD Disaster Recovery, users can:
- Quickly backup and recovery at the object and attribute level, the directory level and the operating system level across the entire forest for complete disaster recovery.
- Restore the domain controller’s operating system without depending on other IT functions to significantly reduce downtime and get users back to work quickly.
- Demonstrate and validate the DR recovery plan by building a separate virtual forest test lab with production data to test disaster scenarios and safely test prior to making changes in the production.
- Highlight changes made since the last backup by comparing the online state of AD with its backup or by comparing multiple backups. Accelerate recovery by quickly pinpointing deleted or changed objects or attributes. And, with Change Auditor, easily identify who made the changes.
- Integrates with Quest On Demand Recovery with a single recovery dashboard that enumerates hybrid and cloud-only objects. Users can run difference reports between production and real-time backups, and restore all changes, whether on premises or in Azure AD.
For more information, go here.