Kaseya, which specializes in network monitoring software for managed service providers (MSPs) and mid-market enterprises (MME), has updated its Traverse network monitoring and management platform.
The latest version of Traverse, announced Aug. 8 but becoming available later this quarter, is a unified monitoring package that features automated, real-time insights into the performance of hybrid IT infrastructures and distributed data centers, the company said.
Traverse enables organizations with a service-centric, proactive approach to network performance management to ensure network uptime and monitor and manage networks and data centers. Using actionable alerts, Traverse enables IT to more quickly pinpoint root-cause analyses for faster issues remediation, the company said.
“With all the dependence on applications today, it’s still all delivered on an underlying infrastructure,” Kaseya Chief Product Officer Mike Puglia told eWEEK, “whether that’s Wi-Fi, Cisco core routers, virtual machines or something else. If the infrastructure can’t deliver, it’s a big problem.”
Proactive Management of Networks Important
Because IT spending shows no signs of slowing and more devices and applications are added to the network each day, it’s important for companies of all sizes to proactively monitor and manage their IT infrastructure, Puglia said.
Traverse’s intuitive interface provides deep visualization and proactive alerting to connect infrastructure with business performance. Its service-oriented view empowers IT departments and MSPs with information to identify website, data center and network complications before they become problematic and impact end-users.
“The fallout from downtime can have serious and potentially business ending consequences, which is why every organization must monitor the health of their IT infrastructure,” Puglia said.
New features and functionality in Traverse 9.5 include the following:
- automatically applies custom and pre-defined monitoring policies to devices based on device properties during the discovery process to eliminate manual configurations;
- speeds device setup and monitoring change management for enterprises;
- reduces customer onboarding time for MSPs by over 90 percent; and
- enables customize rules that can be tailored by hundreds of attributes, including by customer, region and department.
- Update to Traverse’s Panorama visualization interface introduces intelligent actions directly within the network topology view to deliver faster troubleshooting and enhanced IT control;
- detailed dashboard provides administrators with visibility into devices, applications and dependencies in an easy-to-understand dynamic layout;
- filters based on location and type of application help administrators quickly drill down into a specific area or see a larger business-wide view of the network; and
- new HTML5 rendering enables technician access from any phone, tablet, laptop or workstation.
Kaseya is based in Dublin, Ireland. The new release of Traverse will be available in Q3. For more information, go here.