Today: Idaptive (new-gen identity and access management )
Company description: Founded in 2019 as a spin-off from Centrify, a respected provider of cybersecurity software, Idaptive provides identity and access management (IAM) solutions. More than 2,000 organizations in retail, software, automotive, financial services and the government sector use Idaptive to manage and intelligently secure access to their cloud, mobile, SaaS and on-premises applications.
Idaptive partners with leading enterprise technology vendors such as ServiceNow, Workday and Palo Alto Networks to improve employee productivity, enhance customer and partner experiences and reduce the risk of compromised credentials–the primary cause of security breaches.
Idaptive is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., is led by CEO Danny Kibel and is privately held and owned by Thoma Bravo.
Products and Services
Traditional IAM solutions rely on a patchwork of standalone services to secure access to sensitive data and resources. Idaptive claims that its Next-Gen Access Cloud is the only industry-recognized solution that unifies single sign-on, multi-factor authentication, lifecycle management and endpoint management services. With the Idaptive platform, organizations can simplify access management with single sign-on, automate the on-boarding and off-boarding processes and secure devices accessing internal networks.
The Idaptive platform also includes data intelligence-driven multi-factor authentication service that further secures apps, VPNs and workstations. This service not only takes into consideration the context of each access attempt but also creates a baseline profile for each user, using user-specific contextual attributes, such as location, device, network and time of the access request. This enables companies to analyze access requests against historical patterns, assign risk scores to each access attempt and create dynamic access policies that are triggered when anomalous behavior is detected.
The Idaptive Next-Gen Access Cloud is a full suite of services that delivers seamless and secure access to cloud, mobile, SaaS and on-premises applications. The Next-Gen Access Cloud platform includes Single Sign-On, Adaptive Multi-Factor Authentication, Lifecycle Management and Device Security Management services.
Single Sign-On: Idaptive SSO is an easy-to-manage solution for one-click access to your cloud, mobile and legacy apps. With Idaptive SSO, users can enable a secure and frictionless sign-in experience for both internal and external users that is adjusted based on risk. Users simply sign in to a user portal using their existing corporate credentials to access all their assigned applications from one place.
- User Portal: A personalized web portal that is accessible with users’ existing corporate credentials to access all assigned business apps with one click.
- Centralized Identity and Access Management: Idaptive SSO enables admins to centrally store and manage user identities, organizational roles, authentication policies and access controls.
- Flexible Cloud Directory: Idaptive allows users to create users and groups in the Idaptive Cloud Directory, federate identities from on-premises and cloud-based directories, or use a combination of directories to meet your specific organizational requirements.
- Browser Extension: Idaptive Browser Extension works in tandem with the Idaptive web portal to enable one-click, secure access to business and personal apps.
- App integrations: The Idaptive app catalog enables users to easily deploy single sign-on to thousands of pre-integrated web and mobile apps. The catalog also contains templates leveraging SAML, OIDC, WS-Fed and OAuth 2.0 protocols allowing you to easily add your custom apps.
Adaptive Multi-Factor Authentication: Adaptive Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) adds an extra layer of protection before access to corporate applications is granted. Leveraging device, network and user behavior context Idaptive intelligently assigns risk to each access event and allows you to create dynamic access policies that are triggered when anomalous behavior is detected.
Key features of MFA:
- Adaptive authentication based on context: Idaptive uses machine learning to build a baseline profile for each user, leveraging user-specific contextual attributes such as location, device, network and time of the access request. This enables you to analyze access requests against historical patterns, assign risk to each access attempt and create access policies that are triggered when anomalous behavior is detected.
- Broad set of authentication factors: Idaptive MFA solution supports a comprehensive range of authentication methods to make it easy for your users, customers and partners to securely access your applications and data.
- MFA everywhere: with Idaptive you can leverage multi-factor authentication to secures your entire organization, including apps, VPNs, workstations, virtual desktops, identity providers and RADIUS servers.
- Passwordless authentication: Idaptive enables you to eliminate the use of passwords by securely authenticating users via a broad set of supported factors.
Provisioning and Lifecycle Management: Idaptive Provisioning and Lifecycle Management solution provides an easy way to route application access requests, create application accounts, manage entitlements for those accounts and revoke access when necessary. With Provisioning and Lifecycle Management you can enable users to request access to applications from the Idaptive App Catalog, provide specific users the ability to approve or reject these access requests and automatically create, update and deactivate accounts based on roles in your user directory.
Key features of PLM:
- Pre-integrated app provisioning and deprovisioning: Idaptive enables users to automatically grant and revoke access to hundreds of pre-integrated cloud applications from the Idaptive App Catalog.
- Centralized entitlement management: Idaptive Lifecycle Management enables users to granularly control user access entitlements within your apps by mapping Idaptive roles to the appropriate groups in your apps.
- HCM systems integration: With Idaptive Lifecycle Management, users can seamlessly import identities from a preferred HR system or application, including Workday, UltiPro, BambooHR, or SuccessFactors and provision them to Active Directory.
- Custom app integration: Idaptive enables users to extend provisioning workflows to custom applications using SCIM protocol.
- Office 365 Integration: With Active Directory (AD) Synchronization for Office 365, users can keep their AD accounts and O365 accounts in sync and automatically provision and de-provision user accounts, groups and group memberships to simplify O365 license management.
Device Security Management: Idaptive Device Security Management enables users to secure endpoints used to access corporate resources with centralized policy management, providing device visibility, insights and consistent security controls for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows endpoints.
Key features of DSM:
- Brokered Authentication: Authenticate to any cloud directory service (Idaptive Directory, AD, LDAP or a third-party cloud directory service) using users’ corporate credentials without VPN or direct connectivity to Active Directory.
- Cloud-based Policy Enforcement: Enforce security and configuration policy from the cloud to ensure endpoints meet security requirements.
- Lock, Wipe, Locate: Gain control of compromised devices to minimize endpoint-originated threats.
- Conditional Access: Limit access to company resources through policy rules based on device context, such as security posture, location and device type.
Insight and Analysis
From a professional on Gartner Peer Reviews (May 2019):
Overall comment: “Idaptive offers easy implementation and ready availability of technical help. Sales team was extremely responsive–making available all technical resources needed to fully pilot the solution prior to purchase. Technical resources were continued to be made available after purchase, resulting in a smooth deployment and operational transition.”
Summary of your review: “Easy implementation and ready availability of technical help.”
What do you like most about the product or service? “Easy and intuitive to deploy and administer.”
What do you dislike most about the product or service? “Lack of branding and design flexibility.”
What one piece of advice would you give other prospective customers? “Certainly do your due-diligence and conduct a proof-of-concept with several vendors. Idaptive was able to satisfy all of the use cases that we had defined before we started the process. No other identity vendor was able to support all items we had as requirements.”
From a professional on G2 Crowd peer reviews (October 2019):
What do you like best? “This incredible tool is ideal because it allows me access to services with an adaptable section and gives me ample support for a variety of applications. It also gives me a very essential and very useful support to solve situations in a faster way. And above all I have the possibility to add additional functions since they are very good and very easy to implement. It is even a very reliable and safe tool where I get an important function, since it is easy to integrate with other programs.”
What do you dislike? “No inconvenience has been presented to me at this time since the technical situations have been resolved quite quickly. Otherwise I would like them to implement more applications since they are very good.”
List of current customers: Remy Cointreau, Shiseido, FastMed Urgent Care, Chugai Pharmaceuticals, Butterball, Tractor Supply Company, Appen
Other key players in this market: Duo Security, Okta, Ping Identity, OneLogin
Delivery: The Idaptive Next-Gen Access Cloud is a SaaS-delivered solution.
Idaptive is transparent about its pricing, providing it clearly on its website athttps://www.idaptive.com/pricing/.
Because it’s fully cloud-based, the costs related to scaling a deployment or adding a new IAM service is negligible. Companies that adopt Idaptive’s Next-Gen Access platform spend 40% less on IAM technology due to the integrated nature of an all-in-one solution for identity.
Contact information for potential customers: For sales inquiries or more information, please reach out to email@example.com.
eWEEK is building an IT products and services section that encompasses most of the categories that we cover on our site. In it, we will spotlight the leaders in each sector, which include enterprise software, hardware, security, on-premises-based systems and cloud services. We also will add promising new companies as they come into the market. For a list of the articles in the series, go here.