Seattle-based NetMotion Software, which makes intelligence-driven mobile performance software, this week launched what it described as the world’s first operational intelligence platform designed specifically for enterprise mobility management.
NetMotion’s software platform gives enterprises visibility and control of their mobile deployments using information previously unused on mobile devices. The software enables IT staff to solve mobility problems automatically, improves mobile performance and controls data usage and costs across any network.
The software gathers real-time data and analytics on mobile workers, Wi-Fi and cellular networks, applications and devices, providing a comprehensive view of the entire mobile deployment and enabling fine-grained control. Users can dynamically change application, device or networking configurations on any network to control user experience, application priority, security compliance and data usage.
NetMotion said it turns devices into “data sensors” that collect and correlate data to understand the environment around them and react to changes to ensure quality of experience.
The Operational Intelligence platform detects and solves a myriad of challenges faced by IT teams responsible for managing mobile workforces, including how to:
- troubleshoot and automatically solve performance problems outside of the corporate firewall between devices, applications, networks, and locations;
- monitor mobile network availability and throughput and automatically prioritize mission-critical application traffic;
- control cellular network usage by understanding which users and applications are consuming data, and enforcing access constraints to reduce costs and avoid data overages;
- detect security risks and anomalies and respond to threats and breaches with granular-level enforcement and control; and
- speed up the resolution of mobile help desk tickets with automated troubleshooting to reduce the mean time to repair.
NetMotion’s Operational Intelligence platform enables users to visualize data in dashboards including:
- Performance: Robust visibility into the overall health of the mobile deployment. Monitor overall mobile connectivity and detection of problems experienced by mobile users using cellular and Wi-Fi networks.
- Threat Defense: See a real-time snapshot of network traffic on mobile devices, including origin and destination countries, states, cities, IP addresses and domains. Detect compromised devices exfiltrating company data, users of unsecured Wi-Fi networks, and users putting data at risk by not using a VPN.
- Cost Control: Determine under- and over-utilized data plans to control cellular plan costs. Evaluate data volumes by application, device, or user. Verify return on investment for NetMotion products via a dashboard that quantifies avoided disruptions and security threats, productivity time saved, mitigated application and network issues, and reductions in network data usage.
“Until now, enterprises could not assess the real-time health of their mobile deployment,” CEO Christopher Kenessey said in a media advisory. “Our software platform uniquely displays real-time data and, using our policy capabilities, makes it possible to turn intelligence into actions that solve mobile issues, improve the performance and security of their workforces. Prior to our platform, this level of visibility and control didn’t exist.”
For more information or to arrange a free trial of the platform, go here.