MAY 27, 2002
For the complete app server benchmark, go to ftp://ftp.java.sun.com/pub/spec/j2ee_ecperf/maon1rgh/ecperf-1_1-fr-spec.pdf.
KDE 3.0 REVIEW
For eWEEK Labs April 8 review, "Linux Makes Inroads on Desktop," go to www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=708&a=25059,00.asp.
i3 AWARDS FINALISTS
For i3 coverage, go to www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=710&a=26153,00.asp.
MAY 13, 2002
To read the recent report by the Information Technology Association of America, "Bouncing Back: Jobs, Skills and the Continuing Demand for IT Workers," go to www.itaa.org/workforce/studies/02execsumm.pdf.
MICROSOFTS TABLET PC-MAYBE NEXT YEAR
For John Tascheks April 8 column on Microsoft Corp.s Tablet PC, go to www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=1869&a=25070,00.asp.
RIM OFFERS BLACKBERRY REFERENCE DESIGNS
To read eWEEKs coverage of RIMs plans to offer BlackBerry reference designs, go to www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=25235&a=24980,00.asp.
MAY 6, 2002
To read the recent report by the California state auditor on the $95 million enterprise license agreement California signed with Oracle, go to www.bsa.ca.gov/bsa/summaries/2001128.html.
GIGA REPORT ON JAVA APP SERVERS
To read the Giga analyst report, "IBM and BEA Battle over Java App Server Territory," go to advisor.com/Articles.nsf/aid/COLEC161.
HURWITZ GROUP REPORT ON APP SERVERS
To read the Hurwitz Group report "IBM Application Server Market Share--A Different Angle," go to www.oracle.com/features/9iAS/index.html?t1as_one.html.
META GROUP REPORT ON APP SERVERS
To read the Meta Groups report ".Net Seen Gaining Steam in Dev Projects," go to techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/stories/main/0,14179,2860227,00.html.
APRIL 29, 2002
- CRM Daily: applications guidelines, customer studies and industry news (www.crmdaily.com)
- CRM Forum: resource documents, many organized by application domain, and interactive discussions (www.crm-forum.com)
- CRMCommunity: technologies, vendors and training opportunities (www.crmcommunity.com)
- CRM Industry: application recommendations and industry news (www.crmindustry.com)
- Gartner CRM Resource Center: free and paid research results, upcoming events and links (gartner11.gartnerweb.com/public/static/crm/crm.html)
- Picking the right CRM vendor: specific comparison of vendor and product strengths from a buyers perspective (industry.java.sun.com/javanews/stories/story2/0,1072,41138,00.html)
- "How to avoid a CRM failure" (www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=722&a=16689,00.asp)
- eWEEK eSeminar: "Leveraging CRM in Troubled Times" (archived event can be accessed at www.webseminarslive.com/EWEEK/microsites/10_23_01/index.htm)
- Domestic privacy legislation could significantly affect collection, use and enterprise partner sharing of customer transaction data (www.crmdaily.com/perl/story/11046.html)
- Non-U.S. privacy legislation will affect international operations (www.meridien-research.com/doc.asp?docid=765)
- High volumes of data and real-time availability demands will place pressure on all elements of IT infrastructure, notably data backup (www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=702&a=25480,00.asp)
Upcoming conferences include:
- Business Intelligence CRM 2002 Conference: London, May (www.crm-uk.com)
- DCI CRM Conference and Exposition: Boston, June; New York, August; Los Angeles, October (www.dci.com/crm)
APRIL 8, 2002
To read RFC 2267 "Network Ingress Filtering" by Paul Ferguson and Daniel Senie, go to www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2267.html.
STATES SEEK STRIPPED-DOWN VERSION OF WINDOWS
Microsoft Corp. is talking about shipping a superset of XP at the same time that several states are discussing "Windows Lite." For the full discussion, go to www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/industry/03/30/microsoft.modular.windows.ap/index.html.
TABLET PC HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS
For the hardware requirements for the product code-named Windows XP Tablet PC, go to www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/tabletpc/hardware.asp.