Automation is the most desired function in IT right now. With an ever-multiplying pile of data pouring into the world’s data containers, IT managers need all the help they can get to maintain control over it all.
Thus, the more IT can do on autopilot to get workloads processed in a timely manner, the better it is for everybody in the enterprise.
UC4, which claims to be the “world’s largest independent IT automation software company,” sees itself as coming to the rescue. The Vienna-based company on March 15 started shipping ONE Automation, a unified approach to deploying and managing automation software across an enterprise.
UC4 joins enterprise application and infrastructure automation functionality onto a single console that eliminates the complexity of managing multiple tools, frees staff for more productive work and improves service delivery by creating more responsive IT infrastructure, CEO Jason Liu told eWEEK.
Conventional automation tool sets are limited in functionality and can’t address more than one area of infrastructure automation, Liu said. As a result, enterprises are forced to purchase multiple tools that are complicated to use without sacrificing infrastructure availability, Liu said.
New Platform Version Also Released
To frame its ONE Automation software, UC4 announced the release of Automation Platform v.9, which supports most databases, applications and operating systems, and provides an alternative to other end-to-end data center automation packages provided by general systems vendors.
The UC4 Automation Platform now ships standard with purpose-built components for key areas of enterprise automation, such as job scheduling, application process automation, run book, virtualization management, managed file transfer and application release automation, Liu said.
Details of these functions, according to UC4, include:
- Quality of Service control: context-aware automation with event sensing, pattern mapping and policy-based management
- Decision support: root cause analysis, workload analysis and reporting
- Job Scheduling: support for more than 19 operating systems and hypervisors
- Application Process Automation: rapid implementation with standardized process templates for leading ERP and industry applications
- Run Book: broad range of prepackaged functions for the most important data center operations
- Virtualization Management: capacity provisioning and integration to System Center and vCenter
- Application Release Automation: process flows, packaging, release and patch deployment
Managed File Transfer: high-performance transfer from any platform with encryption, compression and check point restart.
UC4’s U.S. headquarters is in Bellevue, Wash.