Company Name: SailPoint Technologies (identity-based security)
Company description: SailPoint Technologies is an Austin, Texas-based provider of identity governance solutions, which is known to be one of the fastest-growing cybersecurity spending priorities. Founded in 2005, SailPoint holds a steadfast commitment to solving business problems with innovative identity governance solutions. The company’s open identity platform is the product of years of ingenuity, top-notch engineering and development and years of leadership from CEO Mark McClain. The company is recognized as the leader in identity governance by both Gartner and Forrester.
As a successful public company, SailPoint understands that its responsibility to solving its customers’ security needs is paramount, especially in a time where companies have more than a billion points of exposure to data breaches. That is why in March 2018 SailPoint became the first vendor to offer a comprehensive identity governance platform that provides customers with the freedom to choose the deployment option that best suits their needs.
SailPoint’s software is used by more than 1,000 companies around the world, providing a way of managing points of exposure with the power of identity, offering a broad set of identity and access management products, while giving customers freedom to choose the deployment option that best suits their needs.
Markets: SailPoint’s customers represent the world’s largest companies in virtually every industry, including banking, health care insurance and managed care providers, property and casualty insurance providers, pharmaceutical companies and government/federal agencies.
Additional office locations:
- London, United Kingdom
- Cape Town, Africa
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Paris, France
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Sydney, Australia
Development Center locations:
- Pune, India
- Ramat Gan, Israel
- Austin, Texas, USA
Product and Services
With many of today’s organizations migrating their workloads to IT hybrid environments, IT can only do so much to protect the internal infrastructure as users need access to critical systems, applications and data no matter the platform. SailPoint’s delivery strategy offering puts customers first by making identity governance available to them in the way that suits their business and operational needs best–whether that’s allowing customers to deploy SailPoint’s open identity platform as a turn-key SaaS, via the public cloud, on-premise in a data center or hosted and delivered by a trusted managed service provider.
- SailPoint IdentityIQ is SailPoint’s flagship identity governance solution that delivers integrated identity governance capabilities, including compliance controls, access request, provisioning, and password management.
- SailPoint IdentityNow is a full-featured, cloud-based identity governance solution that delivers password management, provisioning, access request, and access certification services for cloud, mobile, and on-premises applications.
- SailPoint SecurityIQ is a solution that extends the SailPoint identity governance platform by allowing enterprises to discover and govern access to sensitive data stored in files, enabling them to better address the growing security threat to unstructured data stored in documents and files.
- SailPoint IdentityAI is an identity analytics solution that provide customers with the visibility they need to understand the risk associated with user access, detecting anomalous behavior which may be indicative of a breach, and focusing their governance controls to more efficiently and effectively govern identities.
Insight and Analysis
What is most valuable about Sailpoint?
- "Provisioning in multiple environments"
- "Provisioning auditing"
How has it helped my organization? "Automated accounts provisioning during the on-boarding process."
What needs improvement? "Additional details during account aggregation failures to help quick troubleshooting."
What was my experience with deployment of the solution? "No issues encountered."
Overall Comment: “Our implementation of IdentityIQ has been very challenging but also rewarding in the sense that we are seeing value very quickly. The automation and consistency we have gained in our account provisioning and de-provisioning has been tremendous and we have closed several security holes in our process. The technical side of the project has a steep learning curve; I would recommend attending SailPoint's offered training courses before jumping into an implementation. I would also recommend using a proven integrator to get things up and running. We had several issues with our integrator that caused a lot of pain along the way. However, after changing resources, we have had much better success and are enjoying the benefits of self-service and full automation in our account management.”
- Overall, Gartner and IT Central Station show an average of 4 stars (out of a possible 5) on most reviews of SailPoint’s IdentityIQ product.
- eWEEK’s aggregated assessment based on this information and from consulting other sources is that SailPoint has earned a four-star rating in its market.
List of current customers:
- Weight Watchers
- Western Union
- Beth Israel, Continuum Health Partners, Inc
- DBS Bank
Delivery: Delivered via the following options: a turn-key SaaS, via the public cloud, on-premise in a data center or hosted and delivered by a trusted Managed Service Provider
Pricing: For information around pricing, please reach out to [email protected].
Other key players in this market:
- CA Technologies
- Ping Identity
Contact information for potential customers: