Dell EMC moved ahead with one of its most successful lines of business Nov. 7, introducing two new all-flash storage appliances, providing free software upgrades for Dell EMC Unity customers and offering a new “future-proof” storage loyalty program for midrange storage customers.
The company continues to evolve its all-flash product line about every six to 12 months.
The new storage arrays are designed to help customers modernize their data centers to gain more speed, efficiency and cost-savings from existing applications, the company said. The Dell EMC SC5020F and Dell EMC SC7020F are offered as 3U appliances that feature dual active/active controllers with 8-core Intel Xeon processors and up to 256GB memory and multiprotocol support for 10GB iSCSI and 16/32GB FC network connections. The products also feature:
- All-flash performance: Up to 399,000 IOPS per array and 3.9 million aggregate IOPS per multi-array federated cluster;
- Federated data mobility, scale and protection: Ships ready to link into federated multi-array clusters for easy, non-disruptive workload migration and load balancing; includes auto-failover feature for built-in business continuity;
- Self-optimizing efficiency: Intelligent data deduplication and compression, RAID tiering and pervasive thin provisioning help make cost savings automatic; and
- All-inclusive software: Every advanced SC Series feature is included with no extra software licenses to purchase or maintain.
Dell EMC Unity Gets Efficiency Boost
Dell EMC Unity, designed for unified, all-flash SAN-NAS (storage area network/network attached storage) environments, is designed to speed deployment, streamline management and tier storage to the cloud, the company said. The new Unity v4.3 OS provides several key updates--including data deduplication--to lower costs, along with new technologies to facilitate non-disruptive system upgrades and enable file synchronization.
The new Dell EMC Unity v4.3 OS offers:
- enhanced All-Flash efficiency with the addition of inline deduplication;
- synchronous file replication helps ensure zero data loss business continuity; and
- new capability enables online data-in-place storage controller upgrades.
Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program
The Dell EMC Future-Proof Storage Loyalty program offers customers guarantees through the lifetime of their arrays. Unlike other vendor programs that offer fewer benefits and short-term promises, Dell said, the Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program provides guarantees and investment protection for new Dell EMC Unity and SC Series products.
The Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program for Dell EMC Unity and SC Series includes:
- Three-year satisfaction guarantee: Dell EMC products will perform as advertised for customers, satisfaction guaranteed.
- 4:1 All-Flash Storage Efficiency Guarantee: Offered without complex pre-assessments and restrictions.
- Never-worry data migrations: Customers can seamlessly upgrade to new Dell EMC storage with built-in data migrations that are always online and non-disruptive.
- Hardware investment protection: Customers get flexible credit toward storage controller upgrades or trade-in credit toward the purchase of any new product across the Dell EMC portfolio.
- All-inclusive software: Dell EMC midrange storage products ship with everything needed to store, manage and protect data with no extra licenses to purchase or maintain.
- Built-in Virtustream Storage Cloud (for Dell EMC Unity only): Customers can automatically tier files and storage snapshots to the cloud with no capacity costs for one year, up to the program allotment.
Customers purchasing new Dell EMC Unity or SC Series products, whether direct or through channel partners, and have a valid maintenance contract are eligible for the program at no additional cost.
SC All-Flash arrays will become available in December 2017. The Unity OS v4.3 will be made available in January 2018 to Dell EMC Unity customers with a valid support contract. The Dell EMC Future-Proof Storage Loyalty program is available now with the purchase of any new SC Series or Dell EMC Unity data storage array directly through Dell EMC or any of its certified channel partners.
For more information, go here.