Intellisync Debuts Suite for Wireless Carriers
Software will allow operators to support wireless data services including push-based e-mail and calendar information for enterprises and professionals.Intellisync Corp. on Monday will introduce a new suite of products for wireless carriers who want to woo corporate customers. Based on the companys existing remote-access software for enterprise customers, Intellisync Mobile Suite for Wireless Operators lets carriers offer a single solution to enterprises, smaller businesses and individual professionals. The suite uses technology acquired when Intellisync, then called Pumatech Inc., bought Synchrologic Inc. last September.
Operators will be able to offer wireless data services including push-based e-mail, basic calendar information and file access for devices that run Microsoft Corp.s Windows, Windows Mobile and Tablet PC platforms, the Palm operating system and the Symbian operating system.
- Individual Monitor: a small PC client for individual customers that pushes Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes info to mobile devices; it supports two-way synchronization.
- Workgroup Monitor: a similar client with the added capability of managing groups of users from any PC in the office, designed to be used without IT involvement.
- Hosted Enterprise: a server-based, ASP model in which a carrier can host multiple companies from a single, hosted server.
- Hosted POP/IMAP: remote e-mail access for individuals with POP or IMAP accounts.
- Behind-the-firewall: a more traditional option that puts the server behind the customers firewall.