We’ll discuss – using Twitter – the challenges, potential and best practices for edge computing. Will edge devour the cloud? What do we need to know about the rapidly growing IoT sector?
How to Participate: On Twitter, use the hashtag #eWEEKChat to follow/participate in the discussion. But it’s easier and more efficient to use the real-time chat room link at CrowdChat.
Instructions are on the Edge Computing Crowdchat page: Log in at the top right, use your Twitter handle to register. The chat begins promptly at 11 AM PT. The page will come alive at that time with the real-time discussion. You can join in or simply watch the discussion as it flows.
Special Guests: Edge Computing
The list of experts for this month’s Tweetchat currently includes the following – please check back for additional expert guests:
- Sameer Sharma, Global GM for New IoT Markets, Intel
- Andi Mann, CTO, Qumu
- Rob Skillington, CTO, Chronosphere
- Dan Griffith, Director, Cloud Native Advisory, HPE
- Tyler Baker, CTO, Foundries.io
- Bruce Kornfeld, Chief Marketing and Product Officer, StorMagic
- Lakshmi Sharma, CPO, Fastly
- Llanor Alleyne, Managing Editor, IT Business Edge
- Chris Ehrlich, Managing Editor, Datamation
- James Maguire, Editor-in-Chief, eWeek [moderator]
Chat room real-time link: Go to the Crowdchat page. Sign in with your Twitter handle and use #eweekchat for the identifier.
Questions for the Tweetchat: Edge Computing
The questions we’ll tweet about will include – check back for more/ revised questions:
- Why are companies investing in edge computing What’s the advantage?
- Where is edge computing in its growth curve? How far are we from peak edge computing?
- What’s companies’ comfort level with edge deployment? Mostly okay, or confused and challenged?
- What’s the biggest pain point that companies have with edge computing?
- What advice would you give them to optimize their edge deployment?
- What’s a big myth associated with edge computing?
- What vendors are the biggest winners as edge gain adoption?
The future of edge? Where will we be in 3-5 years?
What else is important about edge computing – what else should companies be aware of?
#eWEEKchat Tentative Schedule for 2022*
Jan. 18: Trends in Digital Transformation
Feb. 15: Navigating Multicloud Computing
March 15: Low Code / No Code Trends
April 12: Edge Computing: Monitoring, Observability and More
May 17: Data Analytics: Optimizing Your Practice
June 14: Expanding Your AI Deployment
*all topics subjects to change