I spoke with Chris D’Agostino, Global Field CTO of Databricks, about a new survey that reveals major market trends in the data and AI sectors, and how these two technologies closely interoperate.
Among the topics we discussed:
1) Based on your reading of the report, what do you see as 1-2 critical takeaways about AI and data management?
2) Let’s walk through the main bullet points and talk about what they mean:
• Well over half of executives expect AI use to be widespread or critical in business functions by 2025.
• 72% of C-level respondents stress that problems with data management will jeopardize future AI achievement.
• 78% of surveyed executives say scaling AI successfully is top priority for data strategy.
• AI investment will be strongest in financial services.
• Executives see multi-cloud and open standards as integral to AI progress.
3) How is Databricks addressing the AI and data management needs of its clients? What’s the Databricks advantage?
4) The future of data and AI management? What are some important trendsd we can expect in the years ahead?
Listen to the podcast:
Also available on Apple Podcasts
Watch the video: