Delphix, creator of the DataOps school of new-gen data management, on Nov. 21 announced the latest release of its flagship platform that includes a list of new openness and extensibility capabilities aimed at fueling rapid application development for enterprises.
Delphix’s Dynamic Data Platform is the data management package it launched two years ago that offers users the ability to virtualize, manage and secure data with a centralized controller. It has been developed using the company’s underlying intellectual property plus the data-masking secret sauce Delphix added in 2015 when it acquired Axis TS.
With the ability to rapidly deliver secure data from any database in cloud and hybrid cloud environments, the Delphix Dynamic Data Platform (DDDP) v.6.0 is designed to eliminate test data wait times and significantly accelerates application release cadence.
Go here to see eWEEK’s listing of Top Database Management Vendors.
At the DDDP’s launch in 2017, Delphix CTO Eric Schrock told eWEEK that DataOps is “the alignment of people, process, and technology to enable the rapid, automated, and secure management of data. Its goal is to improve outcomes by bringing together those that need data with those that provide it, eliminating friction throughout the data lifecycle.”
Using Delphix’s platform, structured production data need not be moved anywhere. Virtualized clones of databases of any size can be moved, analyzed, fixed, added to, subtracted from and patched, then slid easily into the production server—replacing the current database—without so much as a hiccup in the system. Sensitive data can be masked out—an important consideration for government, science, health care, military and other segments.
For the record, Delphix started out in 2008 by virtualizing Oracle databases, enabling them to be cloned and worked on without disturbing the main DB in production. So the graduation from database to data platform was a natural evolution.
Empowers Collaboration Among All Data Sources
As for this latest edition of the platform, Schrock said that “Delphix 6.0 is the only DataOps platform that empowers companies to collaborate with and manage secure data from any data source, helping them reach their strategic business objectives by delivering the right data to the right users at the right time.”
Effective digital transformation requires competency not just in developing software quickly and reliably, but also delivering and securing data across the enterprise. While most organizations have embraced DevOps to improve agility, velocity, quality, and reliability in software development, others are waking up to the need for DataOps to address similar data challenges. Besides helping accelerate business insights, many organizations are finding that effective DataOps is important for rapid application development and software delivery.
According to 451 Research, 78% of survey respondents reported waiting several days for access to data, and 84% agree that lack of access negatively impacts development productivity and agility.
Key business attributes of the Delphix 6.0 Platform include:
- Support for Google Cloud: Enables enterprises to deploy Delphix on the Google Cloud Platform, in addition to existing support for Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Virtualization SDK: Provides the unique ability to develop plugins for any data source.
- Extensible Masking: Enables partners to create tailored masking solutions as enterprises look to extend Delphix to mask a broader set of data, databases, files and integrated systems that are used with their applications.
DataOps Opens its First Marketplace
Also on Nov. 21, the company announced the release of the new DataOps Marketplace, a first-of-its-kind destination for data teams to integrate any and all data sources with DevOps tools, cloud platforms and other parts of the software development lifecycle.
Key features of the marketplace include:
- Data Sources Showcase: Examples of Delphix’s native integrations as well as integrations based on the Virtualization SDK, giving customers and partners a head-start to virtualizing and distributing a broad set of data to their development and test teams.
- DevOps And Automation Showcase: Open source code packages to help customers and partners get a head-start in integrating Delphix into their DevOps workflows using Delphix APIs.
Cloud Deployment Showcase: Showcasing Delphix’s ability to work in multi-cloud environments.