Sprint PCS Group on Tuesday introduced a new service that enables corporations to integrate their offices wireless and wireline phone systems.
The Sprint Integrated Office is designed to make it easier for employees to keep in touch with each other by enabling them to use the same dialing patterns and commands on their wireless phones as on their desk phones.
The service can scale to more than 150,000 users, said officials at Sprint in Kansas City, Mo.
Integrated Office includes:
- Abbreviated dialing, which enables employees to set up four, five, six and eight-digit dialing from anywhere on the Sprint network.
- Single voicemail, which provides access to all messages from one mailbox
- Single number, which forwards desk calls to the wireless phone
- Personal call controls, which lets customers decide which calls are routed to the wireless phone and which are routed straight to voicemail based on time of day, day of week, and who the caller is
- Group call controls, which let employers limit both inbound and outbound calls on employees wireless phones.
- Web-based management, which enables customization over the Internet.
The service is available in two flavors. The Standard Package includes abbreviated dialing, single voicemail and Web-based management. It costs $4 per user per month. The Expanded Package, at $8 per user per month, adds personal and group call controls and the single number feature.